8.14.2011

Killer Whales

On August 10, 2011 I fulfilled one of my Life Goals.
Number 13 to be exact.

We got our tickets with a Whale watching tour and set off with some 50 other individuals.
After viewing some seals, sea lions, and eagles we were off into the deep blue.
With a 90% chance of viewing the whales, I was praying that I would not be in that 10%. (That's a full tithe pay right there.)
A few minutes passed before or attention was directed to one side of the boat where a large dorsal fin had been spotted. Pretty soon the other side of the boat had some more of our black and white visitors.
Within a few minutes we were surrounded by the roughly 88 resident orcas putting on a show.
My friends, it was absolutely breathtaking.
To be able to witness my favorite animal in its natural habitat was seriously a dream come true.

These pictures did not capture the memory quite like it has been planted in my head so maybe one day you'll just have to see what I'm talking about in person.
My excuses:
a. The regulations the boats had to follow
b. My 3 year old camera that does not include any fancy lenses.
c.The photographer wanted to spend more time seeing them with her own eyes. (:






No comments:

Post a Comment