12.16.2012

Happiest of Birthdays

It is a very special birthday today.
It is that of Miss Jane Austen.

She is one of my absolute favorite authors.
Think of all the amazing characters and plots that were created on this little desk:


This is why I believe Jane and I would get along smashingly:

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” 

“A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” 

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 

“The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!” 

“but for my own part, if a book is well written, I always find it too short.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment