12.16.2012

Called to Serve

Well folks, I have been called to serve the people in the Tennessee Nashville mission.


What is going is through my mind you ask?

I'll learn to love country music, buy my first pair of cowgirl boots, develop a southern twang, and eat lots of deep fried food.

I'll have to refrain from cringing every time incorrect grammar is heard.

It will be incredibly humid.

And I am going crazy with excitement.

I'm going to a part of the country I have never been to and I get to teach in my native language with no barriers between me and my message. The date (February 13th) is perfect for my situation right now.

But the most exciting thing is that
I GET TO SHARE THE GOSPEL!!!

The Gospel and my family make my life incredibly happy. Now I get the chance to share this happiness with the people of Tennessee (and some of Kentucky and Illinois!). I'll probably make more connections with my dad's profession than with my obsession with books, but I am already in love with the people there. 

heart Tennessee




2 comments:

  1. Congrats pretty lady.
    You'll be FABULOUS.

    If you run into a Beattie family while you're there (already Mormon - so maybe they'll feed you yummy food!) make sure to tell them Maddy Powell says 'HI!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching your blog because I knew you had put in your papers. That is my hometown mission. If you end up Cookeville, tell them Erin (Mitchell) says Hi. You have to visit the opryland hotel if you can especially if you get the chance to go at christmas. The Beattie's (that your previous friend mentioned) were in my ward. You are in for a treat. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete