12.19.2011

Fuel Belts: Bringing Fashion and Running Together

I hope you are ready for the onslaught of posts about running
for the next few months as I prep for this bad boy.

So I went on a little 8 miler this morning, testing out my Christmas present.
(Don't worry, I'm making Mummsie wrap it up for me come Christmas Eve)

Let's just say that the first car that drove by me honked.

I came in the house and my dad says,
"How was your run sweatback?"
And because I didn't take a pic pre-sweat, this is what you get:

I even got sweat, frost particles on my headband.
I kind of felt like a running nerd with the fuel belt on but it's going to come in handy for those double digit runs. Thanks Santa!

I realized a couple of things from this morn's run:
1. I do a lot of  thinking while running such as what my next blog post or facebook status is going to be. All I'm saying is that running with just my thoughts alone is kind of a dangerous thing.
2. You know those fantasies of running with wild horses? Well there were no free spirited mares, fillies (or phillies? No idea) running around in Malta so I had to do with cows. I guess my pace is more on a cow's level than a horse's.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE ADORABLE. Thank you for linking this. Ha...I have those horse fantasies too! Nothing wrong with being a running nerd.

    ReplyDelete